Friday, March 29, 2024

Good Friday

Got Questions.Org 

I was raised as a Catholic. Catholic school K-11. Altar Boy. Went on Catholic Retreats. Went to Catholic Summer camp. Played in the Folk mass that started late 60's .  Assigned seating in church on Sunday. To be missing... required a note from parents explaining why before admission to school on Monday. So I had it. Total Catholic immersion. It sticks too. Until it doesn't.... as in graduate leave home travel the world courtesy of USN. Then it's all gone. Too many things to enjoy. No time for God. I did that for years. Not until I met my wife and entered a world of Non Denominational Bible Churches did those early memories come back. So I am prepared for this weekend. Easter Sunday. Resurrection Sunday. Jesus paying the price for the sins of mankind. Sometimes hard to process. So much is bad. So many horrors in this world. Why? Why would God allow it? I still don't know. A woman recently went on a vacation for a week or so. Left her baby home alone in the crib. Comes back to baby Dead. Why? How can God allow this? For this weekend, I celebrate what God has done for us all. And I just pray that someday I will know and understand the truth. The Why Why Why of life. All of us need to celebrate this coming event. The greatest in all of Christianity. And pray. Pray for strength. Pray to understand the Whys of this evil world. To pray for the mothers who can do such an evil thing. Pray for all the people who don't do that. And Thank God for giving us a way out. Resurrection Sunday. May we all find peace in His gift!


Happy Good Friday to all.



No comments:

Post a Comment